Maxim Miskewych was awarded the title of a Certified Specialist for International Business Law by the Cologne Bar Association.
A bar certified specialist (Fachanwalt) is a lawyer with proven expertise and practical experience in a particular area of law. The title is awarded by the Regional Bar Associations after having intensively examined whether the necessary prerequisites are fulfilled according to the Rules on Certified Specialist Lawyers (Fachanwaltsordnung). The lawyer has to demonstrate knowledge and skills in his specialty area reaching far beyond those generally gained during education, training and practical job experience.
Prior to achieving the status of specialist, the lawyer has to attend a 120 hour specializing course and pass several examinations. Moreover, the handling of a certain number of cases in the specialized area must be proven. A lawyer bearing the title “bar certified specialist” has to prove every year to have further expanded his expertise to the prescribed extent.
The German Rules on Bar Certified Specialist Lawyers (Fachanwaltsordnung) provide for a bar certified specialist in international commercial and business law to demonstrate special knowledge in the areas of
- conflict of laws of contractual and non-contractual obligations,
- international civil procedure and arbitration law,
- internationally harmonized commercial law,
- internationally harmonized corporate law,
- European state aid and competition law,
- main features of the regulations on the fight against corruption, fraud and money laundering in international legal transactions,
- main features in the realm of international tax law,
- main features of comparative law.
We congratulate Maxim Miskewych on successfully obtaining this title, which documents his remarkable competence in this demanding and important field of law.